Divider

Divider

Monday 21 December 2015

Fenrir's Daughters: Chandra Stripe



It was really strange being on my own for the night. I could've phoned my three friends, who are also werewolves. They were out as usual.
I have no way of knowing what to do on my own.
My parents were away on a romantic lunar dinner.
Then I was disturbed by the sounds of the clocks, and I wonder why they still have those annoying things. I listened to the bats in the loft. I could hear distant cars. Someone's loud TV in the street. I could even smell spices coming from doors away. It's all too much. If I were human right now, none of this would bother me.
I went downstairs and curcled up under the stairs as it blocks out the noise and smells. Then I suddenly sensed a cold. I didn't like it and I moved away, hoping for comfort. I went into the dining room and crawled under the big oak table. It was even colder there. I went back upstairs and into my room where it was fine, and yet the noises and smells of spice came back. I didn't mind this anymore, as long as I wasn't cold.
I wondered how I was able to feel so cold having thick fur as I do in my wolf's shape. I twitched my pointed ears, and sniffed the air with my wet nose. I could smell frost but twinged with gnger. I wasn't able to understand what it was.
I growled.
The door opened, and in came this shiny floating ball of light. The light floated towards me and I felt my fur stand up on end. I was baring my teeth. Then in an instant I saw a tiny girl with fluttering wings on her back. She had a bizarre giggle.
"Hello beast!" she said. I thought in human words how rude she was. "I'm your fairy godmother!"
I must've growled at her. She laughed.
"I can grant you a wish but you need to speak first," she went. She flicked her hands and I was totally back to my human girl's shape. She laughed.
I got under the covers and wouldn't come out. I fell asleep. Next morning I had a cooked breakfast, then put on my outdoor clothes. I went out for the weekend was sunny and snowy. I felt amazed by the experience of last night.
Then I forgot about the fairy godmother until I was back home and trying to untie these difficult knots in my boot lace, when I shouted "I wish all of these knots would go away!"
Then a few tiny lights appeared around the boot laces, untying the knots for me.
I know it sounds silly but what happened upset me.
The fairy godmother appeared.
"That was your one and only wish," she said, laughing. "I will all your knots go away now."
She disappeared. I was stunned and couldn't believe it.
Later on something bad happened to the house. It was as if a tornado struck it. There wasn't a tornado, only our house collapsed! I was in my room when the curtains fell off, the shelves and portraits all down on the floor. Downstairs the fridge had defrosted and left a puddle. The tables and chairs all broken.
Then I was upset to notice all of my clothes were damaged, as the stitches were out. The books all torn out of the pages. The binding of every book was cut. The carpet was unfolded and unsecured. Nuts, screws, nails and bolts all scattered on the floor. The TV was smashed and every circuit fell out. The whole house was broken up and every brick was falling. Each window fell out of its wooden double glazed frame. The front door lock broke and off its hinges. The garden was under water from a burst pipe. The taps were all loose and running water. The shelves in the kitchen were all down and food released from bags. The oven broke. Gas poured out, and the electrics stopped working.
We had to leave and go into B and B.
I remember it took ages for the repairs to sort it out but when it was sorted, my parents wanted to divorce each other! I had to stay with my aunt and uncle because both my parents were fighting.
Everything that secured my life, home and family was in tatters. I blame that fairy godmother.
"How could you do this to me!" I cried one day in my new room. "I wanted the knots on my boots to go away. Not have everything I love to go away!"
She appeared right then in a small bubble of light.
"The wish can be undone, if you do one thing for me," she said, giggling.
"What?" I asked.
"Undo your wish and everything you loved will be back again."
So I said "I wish to have knots come back."
Then she said "That is the wish undone." She vanished.
A year has passed since I first saw her. It's winter again and I sit here in my old room, as a werewolf. My parents renewed their vows and have gone out for second honeymoon.
I feel satisfied and will rest here. Maybe I should contact my three werewolf friend?.
The only problem I have now is that I can't get the tangles out of my hair, and I can't untie all the knots in my boots. The buttons, laces and zippers on my clothes are stuck. My bed has merged into the floor. The new drain pipes have knotted by themselves and we've got twisted trees in the garden, attracting creepy crawlies.
I'm Chandra and 18 years old. I'm proud to be a member of Fenrir's Daughters. Yes and I had to share my weird story to release it from my system. 

(((Fiction stories of Fenrir's Daughters written by Rayne)))
All rights reserved. 
Copyright © 2015 Rayne Herbert.

No comments:

Post a Comment