Divider

Divider

Monday 25 January 2016

Fenrir's Daughters: Cara Lunar



Hello, my name is Cara and I'm a 30 year old werewolf. I work for the local herald press as well as for Moontimes, an underground paper of the supernatural.
"This isn't acceptable!" growled my editor, "you can't write this filth!"
I'm stunned to say the least.
"What's wrong? I've written facts really..." I said, before he interrupted me.
"A girl is missing! And all you've done is made a joke out of it! Her parents would sue the paper!"
"They won't," I snatched the sheets of my hard work from him.
"You can bet they will!" he fumed. I just stared at him.
He made it clear. I sadly threw it in the bin (in front of him, but I retrieved it and put it away in my satchel to type for the Moontimes paper instead!).
I draughted a letter to the MP, Marielle Ice, who may understand.
Later I was talking to a colleague, Rainbow, who's also a witch.
"So you're saying there is more to this missing girl?" she asked as we sat down in a cafe run by a family of werewolves. No one knows this by the way.
A waitress came and Rainbow ordered a black coffee. I ordered a red tea (stewed with deer blood).
"Yes," I replied. "that girl Indigo was vulnerable. She was targetted by local villagers and they shot her one night. Since then it's all been covered up."
"So she's been found dead?" Rainbow is shocked, like I know she would be.
"Not everyone knows this, but the top police do. My research found the guilty party of hunters who went out to get her."
"So that was a creepy consiracy? why?"
"I can't really say," I told her because she won't understand. My friend is not a werewolfalthough she's open minded and believes in the supernatural. I haven't told her what I am though. It might freak her out.
Months ago, a girl named Indigo was living in a student dig when she was killed as a wolf, during a full moon. Us werewolves know what happened, as did her parents, who are werewolves anyway but to the public. She died in her wolf's body, so Indigo as the human was never found, she's still a missing girl. In my report, I didnt mention that she was a werewolf. I wrote about the brutality of hunters that were stalked and shot her.
Then the MP responded. She is an alpha werewolf, who brought in laws for us werewolves to decriminalise us from hunting both animals and people. I understand hunting people is wrong and brutal. Yet we can't hunt animals now. We can't even defend ourselves. Many werewolves are being killed.
In the eyes of the law, we don't exist. In the eyes of religion, we're demons who should be destroyed. 
I hope she can do soemthing. A non-affiliated werewolf MP like her in government is immune, dangerous and powerful. If my report can't reach the public, and can't go to the wider werewolf community, perhaps I can forward it to the MP? I don't know if I can trust her but she's the only chance we have.
I finish my blood tea and think of writing about the werewolf couple having had their four babies removed by social services. I must do something. I'm a journalist and a werewolf. I believe in the power of freedom of the press. If I can't reach the public, including other werewolves, I need to let you know. I'm in Fenrir's Daughters, an international werewolf group of female werewolves. 

((The Fenrir's Daughters fiction stories belong to author Rayne))
All rights reserved. 
Copyright © 2015 Rayne Herbert.

No comments:

Post a Comment