Divider

Divider

Tuesday 5 January 2016

Fenrir's Daughters: Urielle Foxglove



There was a starless night. The distant mountains were ominous, with dark secrets forever lurking there. Now I want to tell you about an experience I had there a few years ago.
My name is Urielle, I'm thirtyone years old and in the Fenrir's Daughters international club. For a long time, since I was four, I understood what it meant to be of the ancient wolf clan. I knew that my beautiful ma was an incredible wolf some nights. As a small child, I loved both of her. My dad died so I never knew him except that the knowledge he was a wolf man.
When I was in my twenties, I was staying in a house a close way from the mountains. The house was really a student dig for rich kids, as it was very old with a tudor style, and a beautiful big garden complete with statues and hiding places. Yet the mountains were close by.
Local legends of trolls, frost giants, witches and dragons all supposed to live in these mountains. For centuries, people mysteriously vanished when they were going off in the direction of those same mountains.
I didn't want to go up there but my friends did. Just a small hike but nowhere too high. I went as far as the base of the mountains, freaked, then turned back into town. My friends didn't linger, they came running and said they saw giants. These friends are werewolves by the way, and should've known better than to trespass on a darker things territory.
They didn't believe in myths or folklore. The vision of giants scared them away. I started to wonder if they were drinking too much.
It was a winter weekend and I walked to the shop for some food, when I noticed a tiny boy on his own. He looked about aged four, standing in the street in rags and bare footed.
"Why are you out here by yourself?" I asked.
He just stared at me with veru vivid bloodshot red eyes. I could smell ice, blood, death and vomit coming from him. Idiot me wanted to be kind and offer him food. Then he ran away.
I went after him as he was going towards the woods.
Yet I couldn't keep up with this frail small child. He managed to outrun me. That was strange.
I found myself by the mountains, and he was running up the slope. Oh no! I started running on all fours and I became a wolf. Still I couldn't keep up with the tiny boy!
Then what I saw stopped me dead. Before my own eyes, the boy turned into a man with glowing red eyes. He spat something in my direction that burned into the snow. He opened her mouth to show me very unhuman fangs, then gave the most earth shattering scream like thunder. The ground under my paws shook. Soon rocks came dropping down from the mountain. The man was getting taller and taller.
I instantly ran off quickly down the slope towards the woods.I didn't want to look back either. Sometimes I wonder if this is what happened to those missing people? I don't want to think about it anymore. Today I keep away from those evil mountains but one day I'll leave this vile place.

   
(((Fiction stories of Fenrir's Daughters written by Rayne)))
All rights reserved. 
Copyright © 2015 Rayne Herbert.

No comments:

Post a Comment