Divider

Divider

Monday 28 March 2016

Fenrir's Daughters: Bella Ochre-Woods

Good evening.
My name is Bella and I'm 30 years old. I have a diploma in nursing. I work part time so that I can raise my two little boys. My husband, Alan Woods, works full time in the police force.
I was born Bella Ochre, and raised in a small mountain town.
Before I go on, I must say that I'm not a werewolf! Yes I'm a member of Fenrir's Daughters and I give health advice to female werewolves in the club. So you might ask, what am I?
I'm a werefox.
Since my birth, my parents knew what I was because my grandma was like me. Like grandma when she was young, I have red hair and orange eyes. And just like her, I also turn into a fox every full moon. I cannot become a night shift nurse because of this.
There are many types of werefoxes as well as actual foxes that turn into humans, and of course the people who turn into foxes. Foxes don't have a hierarchical system like werewolves do. We foxes are prone to independance and free will.
Now my husband Alan is a normal human being, who I love very much with all my heart. I love my children, two boys and a girl. I take them out on wildlife treasure hunts into the nearby woods.
I can't keep pets though because I may hurt them during a full moon. As a fox, I can't control my instincts but I still feel the same deep love for my family. That will never go away.
I want to tell you a story.
When I was 15 years old, I stayed at home alone for the first time. My parents went out for the night and they trusted me to look after myself. I could've thrown a party. I did think about it, but something else made me want to have an indulgent night in relaxing in front of the TV with snacks. My favourite old horror movies were scheduled that night and I couldn't miss those.
Well as I was just sat on the sofa when someone was banging on the front door.
I will skip the scary parts when I refused to open it knowing that a neighbour was out there. He was middle aged and lived alone. I didn't want to let him in, so I went upstairs and opened my bedroom window. The man looked up and was shouting for me to please let him in.
"Bella!" he shouted. "Come on, let me in and keep you company!"
"Hop off!" I yelled, then I blew some saliva down at him. I quickly went inside and shut the window. I ran around the house, locking the doors, windows, and switching on the alarm. I called my parents.
The next day I found out that the neighbour was constantly throwing up water all the time. I saw him doing this in the street and all over his car.
I don't know if I caused this by spitting at him. Then days later, that creep was always hopping around, pretending to be a bunny. He started always dressing up in a rabbits costume. Vans showed up to his house over the course of the month, delivering sacks of carrots to him. He didn't speak to anyone properly again. He was sent away to an asylum and I never saw him again. I don't know if that had anything to do with me or not.
I didn't mean to cause that man to go potty. Not on purpose, but that night with him hanging around outside when I was alone, was scary for me. I just wanted him to go away.
Some say werefoxes are gifted with magical powers. I want to harness that gift into doing something positive. So I became a nurse and a healer.
  
((The Fenrir's Daughters fiction stories belong to author Rayne))
All rights reserved. 
Copyright © 2016 Rayne Herbert.

No comments:

Post a Comment