Divider

Divider

Saturday 12 March 2016

Fenrir's Daughters: Ruby Starblood

They howled the night when my mother died.
She had been my world, and I loved her so much. She kept me safe, felt so warm.
Then the men came to the house and dragged her out into the freezing night. Then my mother and the bad men became wolves. They all killed her.
After that dreadful night, my grandmother came to look after me.
Today I sit in the dimly lit room in a tower that I rent. Its snowing outside and Spring was meant to start. The pearls in my jewel box are all I have of my dear mother. I am alone. Grandmother passed when I was thirteen, so I was sent to live in a childrens home. I kept my ability to shapeshift as under wraps as I could, but people were very suspicious.
The adults wondered why I went out each full moon and disappeared. I know why but I didn't tell them. I couldn't remain in the house! Then by dawn, transformed back into a human teenage girl in a nightie and dressing gown, I often returned to the house through an open window in the kitchen, sneaking in and hiding, or I went up into the tree house in the garden. Yes, I got caught in the kitchen many times. I pretended I had sleep walking problems.
But now I'm 21 and I listen to the wolves howling. Those are not really wolves, but werewolves. They're doing this again. I'm certain it's because of me. Ever since my mother died, those howls coninue each full moon as a reminder. It's a warning. The werewolf community are ruthless, because the local alphas in charge are very brutal.
If your parents were criminals, then you're a targetted individual. As my parents were in trouble with the law, and executed by other werewolves, I'm under the radar forever. This is how it is. These werewolves who hound me let me know they're onto me in subtle ways. I can be walking down the street on my way to work and someone will follow me.
They spy on me only because my mother was a widow who knew something about the alphas. My father was killed when I was a baby, because he was involved in serious business with the alphas. My grandmother told me that he was executed, and so was my mother. I'll never know what was going on.

((The Fenrir's Daughters fiction stories belong to author Rayne))
All rights reserved. 
Copyright © 2016 Rayne Herbert.

No comments:

Post a Comment